Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 22:18:32 UTC

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

+dev@

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
> I would like that as well.  Does someone else want to coordinate this one?
> =)

If all of the PMC members are fine with a non-committer
driving a release --  I'd be more than happy to volunteer
as an RM for 1.1.0. That said, I would still either need
karma for switching branches and administering JIRA.

I really do want to help -- please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
No, I tagged it.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
I've upgraded HBase in Giraph-833 ( HBase 0.90.5-> 0.94.16)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-833

Avery

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Rob Paul <ur...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible that we move to newer version of Hive and HBase?
Thanks
Rob

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
Forgot to add, one way you can help is to look through
the list of JIRAs currently blocking the release:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-819?jql=project%3Dgiraph%20and%20fixversion%3D%221.1.0%22%20and%20status%20!%3D%20closed%20and%20status%20!%3D%20resolved

and helping to triage it.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.
I agree, in particular considering that the current patch does not even
apply to trunk.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Rob Paul <ur...@gmail.com>.
What's the next step for this release? If possible, Please assign a task to me.
Regards
Rob

RE: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by "Zhu, Xia" <xi...@intel.com>.
I agree with Sebastian, Mirko and Claudio. GIRAPH-818 is a big change and better be pursued after 1.1.0 release.

I think that after 1.1.0 we could consider this big change, and that there should be voting for this. It's changing Giraph's shape at the core.

Hi,

   claudio.martella@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
The easiest way to start helping with a release would be to
take a look at the JIRAs in the link I sent to the list a few
days ago.

Thanks,
Roman,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Rob Paul <ur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> I will be happy to extend my help in the new release. If you allow, I
> can initiate it and then you can jump in, as and when your time
> permits.
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
>> It is the usual community-driven ASF process. Somebody
>> familiar with the project has to step forward as a Release Manager
>> and drive the release.
>>
>> I did a few months back, but since then I went through a career
>> change that made it very difficult for me to find free cycles to
>> drive this release. I fully intend to pick up the slack begging
>> of  Feb. Given that I think beginning of March should be a
>> realistic deadline, but it all depends on the availability of
>> the Giraph PMC members to cast votes on the release
>> candidate.
>>
>> That said, if there's anybody else who would want to
>> speed up this release I'd be more than happy to yield.
>>
>> By and large though, ASF project typically don't give any
>> schedule for future releases. The way to speed it up is
>> to join the community, start contributing and volunteering
>> as RM.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roman.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Zhu, Xia <xi...@intel.com> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to release 1.1.0 before March 2014?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Xia

>>> Roman.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Rob Paul <ur...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

RE: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by "Zhu, Xia" <xi...@intel.com>.

RE: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by "Zhu, Xia" <xi...@intel.com>.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Release date for 1.1.0

Posted by Ahmet Emre Aladağ <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Are there any advances so far on the 1.1.0 release schedule?

Best,

--
Ahmet Emre Aladağ

Re: Release date for 1.1.0