Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/07/10 20:10:07 UTC

[axis2] Re: standalone tool to generate xml schema from java?

Hi Josh,

The JAXB RI has a tool for exactly what you're looking for.  I believe they
call it "schemagen" or something to that effect...

Good luck,

-Nick

             Josh
             <gemini929@gmail.
                                       axis-dev <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             07/10/2007 12:58                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       standalone tool to generate xml
             Please respond to         schema from java?
             axis-dev@ws.apach
                   e.org

All,

I am starting to develope contract first web services.  There are many
cases where there are objects in my system that closely match those that
will be exchanged on the wire.  Using a tool that would allow me to
generate an xml schema from a given java object would give me a lift in
writing these schema files.  Is there a way to do this other than using the
java2wsdl tool?  For my purposes, I really just need a java to schema tool.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh