Posted to pubscribe-user@ws.apache.org by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/09 08:16:58 UTC

pubscribe 1.0 examples

Hi,

I installed the filesystem and the consumer examples on Tomcat to get
started with Pubscribe. The deployment worked well and triggering a
notification via the http://localhost:8080/pubscribe/notifproducer.jsp
interface worked as well. Also I could successfully subscribe to the
notifiaction provider via the
http://localhost:8080/pubscribe/notifconsumer.jsp interface.

However, after I triggered another notification on the producer side I
tried 'Get Last Notification' on the consumer side and got the following
message: 'Notification was null! Try again!' - so basically the
notification message could not be retrieved properly. Could anyone try
this out and see if the problem is on my side?

Also, I was wondering how I can approach the notification provider
development in a Java2WSDl manner. Is this possible yet - if so - what
would be the procedure? I am asking because I want to use
WS-Notification from an existing Web service (WSDL and implementations
are already existant).

Thanks for your kind help.

Stefan Schmidt

AW: pubscribe 1.0 examples

Posted by hpcaenne <lo...@hlrs.de>.
Hi (Stefan & Sal),

trying the consumer example, I get the same message: 'Notification was null!
Try again!'.
I did read the example/consumer/readme and did copy the method impls in the
generated files - apart from "consumer_resource_init.txt" which seemed to
contain nothing new compared to the corresponding generated file.

consumer_resource_init.txt contains only
public void init() { super.init(); }

Kind regards, Anne

> I installed the filesystem and the consumer examples on Tomcat to get
> started with Pubscribe. The deployment worked well and triggering a
> notification via the http://localhost:8080/pubscribe/notifproducer.jsp
> interface worked as well. Also I could successfully subscribe to the
> notifiaction provider via the
> http://localhost:8080/pubscribe/notifconsumer.jsp interface.
>
> However, after I triggered another notification on the producer side I
> tried 'Get Last Notification' on the consumer side and got the
> following message: 'Notification was null! Try again!' - so basically
> the notification message could not be retrieved properly. Could anyone
> try this out and see if the problem is on my side?
>
> Also, I was wondering how I can approach the notification provider
> development in a Java2WSDl manner. Is this possible yet - if so - what
> would be the procedure? I am asking because I want to use
> WS-Notification from an existing Web service (WSDL and implementations
> are already existant).
>
> Thanks for your kind help.
>
> Stefan Schmidt

Stefan,

We currently do not have a Java2Wsdl implementation....That being the
case, you could use our Wsdl2Java (WsnWsdl2Java in Pubscribe) to
generate our artifacts from your wsdl, then port your implementation (or
delegate to it) from within our generated files.

As for the example, my guess is that you didn't copy the method impls
into the generated src files.  The ConsumerService.java (once you've
added the code) will contain the necessary code to maintain and retrieve
the notification....There is a readme in the root of the
example/consumer directory which explains all the steps.... I just
pulled the dist and did it myself to make sure nothing was broken, but
all seems fine...

If you still have issues after ensuring you've copied the method impls,
then please post again and we'll attempt to figure out what is going
wrong...

-S

Re: pubscribe 1.0 examples

Posted by Sal Campana <sc...@apache.org>.