Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Umesh <um...@classicinformatics.com> on 2006/06/01 20:06:32 UTC

Subversion Setup

Hello Sir,

 Sir, My name is Umesh Anand
I am new to subversion...i am trying to setup svn+ssh on to one of
 our linux server ...
I go through  lots of articles but didnt get any sucees to work it
 properly ...
I Stuck away in checking out the repositories via ssh "it says access denied"

Please can you  provide me the quick guide so that i will check where i m lacking.

Thanking You,
Umesh

Re: Subversion Setup

Posted by Michael Eager <ea...@eagercon.com>.
Umesh wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
>  Sir, My name is Umesh Anand
> I am new to subversion...i am trying to setup svn+ssh on to one of
> our linux server ...
> I go through  lots of articles but didnt get any sucees to work it
> properly ...
> I Stuck away in checking out the repositories via ssh "it says access
> denied"

I had a bit of trouble getting svn+ssh to work, so I sympathise.

Do you have an account on the system hosting the repository?

Are you able to ssh into the server?

Are you able to do status on or write to the repository?

Do you get a password prompt?

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077

Re: Subversion Setup

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 1, 2006, at 22:06, Umesh wrote:

> I am new to subversion...i am trying to setup svn+ssh on to one of
> our linux server ...
> I go through  lots of articles but didnt get any sucees to work it
> properly ...
> I Stuck away in checking out the repositories via ssh "it says
> access denied"
>
> Please can you  provide me the quick guide so that i will check
> where i m lacking.

The quick guide is, unfortunately, not very quick: it's the
Subversion Book, which explains everything very well, but it does
take some time to read it. You can read it online for free or buy a
printed copy if you prefer that:

http://svnbook.org/

If you need help from the list, please show the exact command you
executed, and the exact output it produced. Also providing more
details about your server setup would be helpful.