Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Nicholas Ball <ni...@nodelay.com> on 2012/08/20 17:39:27 UTC

Reconstruct DB from seg and log folders

Hey all,

I was given some data for academic research purposes all zipped up. Once I
opened them I found out I had part of a derby database! (two folders were
sent; seg and log).

I'm now trying to reconstruct a derby database with these folders but not
having any luck. I essentially created a new db with the ij tool, then
disconnected and replaced the two folders and tried reconnecting to it, but
I get this error:

ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'ucldb' with class loader
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@50fc5408, see the next exception for
details.
ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate (192) requested does not exist.

Any ideas on how I could reconstruct the db from these files?

Many thanks in advance!
Nicholas

Re: Reconstruct DB from seg and log folders

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> I was given some data for academic research purposes all zipped up. Once I
> opened them I found out I had part of a derby database! (two folders were
> sent; seg and log).
>
> I'm now trying to reconstruct a derby database with these folders but not
> having any luck. I essentially created a new db with the ij tool, then
> disconnected and replaced the two folders and tried reconnecting to it, but

Are you using the latest version of the Derby code when you try these
experiments? Have you experimented with different versions of the Derby jars?

I would anticipate that a newer Derby version could open an existing database
in an older format, but not vice versa.

bryan