Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Kedar, Shahar" <Sh...@softwareag.com> on 2006/11/09 10:14:39 UTC

RE: FW: Schema question

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhatra, Junaid [mailto:jbhatra@rsasecurity.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 8:07 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: FW: Schema question

Yes, like Jeff said, you reference an element using "ref" attribute and
you reference a type (simple/complex) using "type" attribute, so there
is no ambiguity as far as schema parsers are concerned.

You can define global elements, types (simple/complex), attributes and
groups in a schema. Each one of these categories is in its own domain
(or namespace, for lack of a better terminology). So you can use the
same name for an element, type, attribute or group. Simple & Complex
types share the same domain, so you cannot simultaneously use the same
name for a simpleType and complexType.

- Junaid