Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henning Heil <he...@dl.deutsche-leasing.de> on 2003/06/04 15:43:57 UTC

.htaccess / access restriction

Hi everybody!

I am wondering a bit how I can get a simple access control for a dir
under tomcat.

I am talking about a dir directly under the root-context - is there
something similar to .htaccess? Other possibilities?

Thanks for your help,

Henning

Re: .htaccess / access restriction

Posted by Florent Zara <fz...@free.fr>.
Henning Heil wrote:
> I am wondering a bit how I can get a simple access control for a dir
> under tomcat.
>
> I am talking about a dir directly under the root-context - is there
> something similar to .htaccess? Other possibilities?

Look for "Realm How-to" in the Tomcat Documentation.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html

JGuru's FAQ may also help you:
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=1082911

Florent

Re: .htaccess / access restriction

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
See web.xml's for the manager app and admin app.

-Tim