Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Anil K. Kotha" <An...@2xprime.com> on 2008/01/23 05:40:10 UTC

Remote Repository and InputStream

Hi All,

                I am using JackRabbit with Jboss server. Now I would
like to save the Inputstream to the Repository.

                I am getting RemoteRepository by using the following
code.

                Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String,
String>();

"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory");

      env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");

env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");

      InitialContext ctx;

      RemoteSession session = null;

      try {

            ctx = new InitialContext(env);

            RemoteRepository repository = (RemoteRepository) ctx

                        .lookup("jnp://localhost:1099/jcrServer");

            session = repository.login();

            System.out.println("Logged in successfully");

      } catch (NamingException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();

      } catch (RemoteException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();

      } catch (RepositoryException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();

      }

                Now the problem is I am not able to save the input
stream to the RemoteNode.

                The RemoteNode has the method setProperty(String
name,Value value);

                Here I am not able to instantiate the Value object,as of
my knowledge we can get the Value object from ValueFactory but I am not
able to get the ValueFactory from RemoteRepository.

                Please help me to solve this.

                Thanks in Advance for your help.

Anil K.

Re: Remote Repository and InputStream

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I am getting RemoteRepository

It would be great if you could post the exception stack trace as well.

Regards,
Thomas

Posted by "Anil K. Kotha" <An...@2xprime.com>.
Hi Felix,
	It worked for me.

	Thank you very much.

Thanks,
Anil k.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Posted by cw <se...@yahoo.com>.
my webdav servlet able to initialize properly. but when i use my browser to access webdav http://localhost:8080/repository/default. i get the following error. may i know what i miss out?

INFO: Server startup in 29407 ms
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: Configuration of BootstrapConfig (AbstractConfig.java, line 101)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: ---------------------------------------------- (AbstractConfig.java, line 102)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   valid: true (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   rmiConfig: org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RMIConfig@d57bcb (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   repositoryConfig: yodude/repository.xml (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   class: class org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.BootstrapConfig (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   repositoryHome: yodude (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   repositoryName: jackrabbit.repository (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   jndiConfig: org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JNDIConfig@1e0338f (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: ---------------------------------------------- (AbstractConfig.java, line 108)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: Configuration of JNDIConfig (AbstractConfig.java, line 101)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: ---------------------------------------------- (AbstractConfig.java, line 102)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   valid: true (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   jndiName: jackrabbit.repository (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   jndiEnabled: false (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   class: class org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JNDIConfig (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   jndiEnv: {java.naming.provider.url=localhost, java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory} (AbstractConf
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: ---------------------------------------------- (AbstractConfig.java, line 108)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: Configuration of RMIConfig (AbstractConfig.java, line 101)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: ---------------------------------------------- (AbstractConfig.java, line 102)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   valid: true (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   rmiName: jackrabbit.repository (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   class: class org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RMIConfig (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   rmiUri: //localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   rmiPort: 1099 (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   rmiEnabled: true (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig:   rmiHost: localhost (AbstractConfig.java, line 106)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * AbstractConfig: ---------------------------------------------- (AbstractConfig.java, line 108)
24.01.2008 00:29:25 *INFO * RepositoryAccessServlet:   trying to retrieve repository using rmi. uri=//localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository (RepositoryAccessServlet.java, line 217)
24.01.2008 00:29:26 *INFO * RepositoryAccessServlet: Acquired repository via RMI. (RepositoryAccessServlet.java, line 232)
24.01.2008 00:29:38 *ERROR* [Webdav]: Servlet.service() for servlet Webdav threw exception (StandardWrapperValve.java, line 260)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.JcrDavException.<init>(JcrDavException.java:111)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple.DavSessionProviderImpl.attachSession(DavSessionProviderImpl.java:99)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.service(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:183)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
24.01.2008 00:29:38 *ERROR* [Webdav]: Servlet.service() for servlet Webdav threw exception (SLF4JLocationAwareLog.java, line 174)
[...]
24.01.2008 00:31:17 *ERROR* [Webdav]: Servlet.service() for servlet Webdav threw exception (StandardWrapperValve.java, line 260)