Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shibi NS <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 11:25:59 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_cache not working

I have the following configuration in my httpd.conf

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so
LoadModule disk_cache_module  modules/mod_disk_cache.so

CacheEnable disk /specs/
CacheRoot /data/cache/
SetEnvIfNoCase request_uri \.html$ gzip cache-enable=disk

<Files ~ "\.html$">
  SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
  SetHandler            perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler   MyApp::HtmlHandler::handler
</Files>

Where MyApp::HtmlHandler::handler converts an xml file to html if it not
exits else serve the existing html file . But I don't see file is getting
cached when try accessing http://<myserevr>:<myport>/specs/Template.html

Any clues? , I am missing some con-fig steps ?

--Shibi Ns--

Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache not working

Posted by Shibi NS <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks That helped me to find out the issue . The issue was Cache-Control
header was not set

<Files ~ "\.html$">
  Header set Cache-Control "max-age=60, public"
  SetHandler            perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler   MyApp::HtmlHandler::handler
</Files>

But now I get this in debug log, seems like its caching each time

Cached response for /specs/Template.html isn't fresh.  Adding/replacing
conditional request head

Shibi Ns

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.