Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hoa Phan <s5...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 13:45:33 UTC

how do I know the exact commit for a particular version of tomcat?

I have been using the
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/changelog.html
and try to check out the revision with same message as latest change log of
a particular version. Though it wasn't really get me the matching binary.

Or can I find the commit hash in any file in the zip ?

Thanks

Regards,

Hoa

Re: how do I know the exact commit for a particular version of tomcat?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> I have been using the
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/changelog.html
> and try to check out the revision with same message as latest change log of
> a particular version. Though it wasn't really get me the matching binary.
>
> Or can I find the commit hash in any file in the zip ?

You need to checkout the "tag" from subversion repository.  The tag
commit always differs a bit from preceding trunk revision, and is not
present in trunk.

E.g.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_0_37/

(The commit that creates the tag can be sees in the archives of dev@
mailing list, about 4 - 7 days before the release date).
E.g.
http://tomcat.markmail.org/thread/5pefzhttzce5xxhh

If you are using a Git mirror of Tomcat sources, svn tags are mapped
to Git branches.

Or just download a sources zip (tag.gz) file for a specific version
from archives.
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
-> "Archives" link

Best regards,