Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sterpu Victor <vi...@caido.ro> on 2016/06/27 09:09:32 UTC

Axis2 embeded https server

Hello

I'm trying to make a 2 way authentication https server with axis2 and I
don't know how to activate https from code.
Server starts from code on http and works fine.
This is my code:

     public static void test() {
         try {
             ConfigurationContext configContext =
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(null,
null);

             SimpleHTTPServer server = new
SimpleHTTPServer(configContext, 8080);
             server.start();

             File serviceArchiveFile = new
File("C:\\Users\\victor\\Documents\\NetBeansProjects\\sr010\\jar\\axis2-1.7.3\\repository\\services\\StockQuoteService.aar");
             AxisServiceGroup serviceGroup =
DeploymentEngine.loadServiceGroup(serviceArchiveFile, configContext);

             AxisConfiguration axiConfiguration =
configContext.getAxisConfiguration();
             axiConfiguration.addServiceGroup(serviceGroup);
         } catch(Exception ex) {

Logger.getLogger(Axis2ServerTest.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
         }
     }

I read the documentation here:
"Please note that by default HTTPS works only when the server does not
expect to authenticate the clients (1-way SSL only) and where the server
has the clients' public keys in its trust store. If you want to perform
SSL client authentication (2-way SSL), you may use the
Protocol.registerProtocol feature of HttpClient. You can overwrite the
"https" protocol, or use a different protocol for your SSL client
authentication communications if you don't want to mess with regular
https. Find more information at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html"

But I don't know how how to set 1 way HTTPS yet.

Thank you.

Re: Axis2 embeded https server

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
SimpleHTTPServer doesn't support SSL. To get HTTPS support on the
server side, you need to deploy AxisServlet into a servlet container.

Andreas