Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/11/08 21:53:32 UTC

[m2] Custom artifact types (and the handlers who love them)

I've created a Mojo that generates a Javadoc-like documentation set, and
my plugin does things similar to the javadoc plugin in that it archives
all of the docs into a jar file and attaches the artifact to the list.
In looking at the artifact code, however, it looks like it's trying to
find an artifact handler for my custom artifact type so it knows how to
work with it (specifically, I'm trying to dictate what the file
extension should be).  How do I create and register an artifact handler
for my artifact type?  I assuem that my plugin would take care of this
sort of thing?

..David..

Re: [m2] Custom artifact types (and the handlers who love them)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, while the docs are lacking in this area it is very similar to the
build lifecycle which is documented.

- add components.xml with handler reference (see maven-artifact for examples)
- when using the plugin, set <extensions>true</extensions> to make the
type available.