Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Michael Dagaev <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/14 17:43:27 UTC

Question on insert performance

Hi, all

       We are running tests inserting data into Hbase and noticed
that some inserts (~10%) take very long time to complete (> 2 sec).
Sometimes one insert may take even > 10 sec.

Has anybody come across a similar problem?

Thank you for your cooperation,
M.

Re: Question on insert performance

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Michael Dagaev wrote:
> Hi, all
>
>        We are running tests inserting data into Hbase and noticed
> that some inserts (~10%) take very long time to complete (> 2 sec).
> Sometimes one insert may take even > 10 sec.

What else is happening at the time of the insert Michael?  Is the region
being inserted into in the midst of a split?  If so, client must ride
across the close on regionserver and reopen on a new.  This can often
take seconds and even tens of seconds for sure.

St.Ack