Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Tim Chan <ti...@chan.net> on 2012/07/07 03:15:03 UTC

setting CONF_OOZIE_ACTION_MAX_OUTPUT_DATA

I'm trying to pass some output from one action to another using capture-output.

I'm getting this error:

Failing Oozie Launcher, Output data size [50,999] exceeds maximum [2,048]

I believe setting CONF_OOZIE_ACTION_MAX_OUTPUT_DATA to a larger value
will solve this. How do I set this?

I've tried:

<action name="my-shell-action">
        <shell xmlns="uri:oozie:shell-action:0.1">
            <job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
            <name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
            <job-xml>job.xml</job-xml>
            <configuration>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.job.queue.name</name>
                    <value>${queueName}</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>oozie.action.max.output.data</name>
                    <value>100000</value>
                </property>
            </configuration>

            <exec>python</exec>

            <capture-output/>
        </shell>

        <ok to="process-cross-ref-tsv-and-hdfs-put"/>
        <error to="fail"/>
    </action>

I've tried setting it in the job.xml.
I've tried setting in the coordinator.xml.
I've also tried setting it in the coordinator.properties.

How do I set a new value for this?

Re: setting CONF_OOZIE_ACTION_MAX_OUTPUT_DATA

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Tim,

Yes, you are right. Its mainly used for passing control data.
Also, you can override this property at system level (oozie-site.xml)

Thanks,
Virag

Posted by Tim Chan <ti...@chan.net>.

  Tim Chan   //  tim@chan.net   //   213.784.2523

Re: setting CONF_OOZIE_ACTION_MAX_OUTPUT_DATA

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Tim,