Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/31 19:07:29 UTC

Compare Hadoop and Pig Map\Reduce

Hi,

It would be great if any of you compare Pig and Hadoop map reduce. When we
should go for Hadoop or Pig?
I love to program using java but peoples were arguing that can be
easily achieved in ping with very few lines of code even my boss too...
I am a fresh developer for Hadoop. Could kindly provide the pros and cons?

Cheers!
Manoj.

Re: Compare Hadoop and Pig Map\Reduce

Posted by syed kather <in...@gmail.com>.
This is very much useful guys . And informative too . Now i am clear

Syed Abdul kather
send from Samsung S3

Posted by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Abhishek.