Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ro...@bos.frb.org on 2005/10/24 16:55:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Migrating from 1.3.31 to 2.0.X

I am wondering if anyone has migrated from version 1.3.31, running on a
Sun Sparc Solaris 9.0 platform, to version 2.0.X.  What problems would I
encounter and will there be changes needed to the configuration file?  I
am running MRTG and it is configured to use version 1.3.31.

Apache just release a security vulnerability notice and suggests updating
to version 1.3.34.  But it is not release for Sun Sparc Solaris.

Robert D. Setterlund
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
600 Atlantic Ave., Boston, MA, 02106
(617) 973-3374
robert.setterlund@bos.frb.org

Re: [users@httpd] Migrating from 1.3.31 to 2.0.X

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 10/24/05, Robert.Setterlund@bos.frb.org
<Ro...@bos.frb.org> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has migrated from version 1.3.31, running on a Sun
> Sparc Solaris 9.0 platform, to version 2.0.X.  What problems would I
> encounter and will there be changes needed to the configuration file?  I am
> running MRTG and it is configured to use version 1.3.31.
>
> Apache just release a security vulnerability notice and suggests updating to
> version 1.3.34.  But it is not release for Sun Sparc Solaris.

There are no serious security vulnerabilities in 1.3.31 that I know of
(or that are listed on
http://httpd.apache.org/security/vulnerabilities_13.html ; the ones
listed there are quite minor).

But if you want to upgrade anyway, see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/upgrading.html
and feel free to ask again if you have more specific questions.

Joshua.