Posted to community@apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/11/10 19:40:01 UTC

Clover license for the ASF?

Hi gang,

Clover is a cool tool for calculating unit test coverage
of java software (http://www.thecortex.net/clover/). They
make free copies available to open source projects
(http://www.thecortex.net/clover/freelicense.jsp); some
ASF projects already have received such licenses
(http://www.thecortex.net/clover/testimonials.html).

Has anyone requested an ASF-wide clover license yet, or
discussed it with the clover people? Would that be a good
idea to do? Does anyone have any contacts over at Cortex?

cheers!

- LSD

Re: Clover license for the ASF?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Conor, Brendan, everyone,

Conor MacNeill wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:40 am, Leo Simons wrote:
>

>>Hi gang,
>>
>>Has anyone requested an ASF-wide clover license yet, or
>>discussed it with the clover people? Would that be a good
>>idea to do? Does anyone have any contacts over at Cortex?
>>
>i Leo,
>
>I work for Cortex. We are happy to give free licenses to individual
>open-source projects upon request.

I know, and that's cool! What I'm hoping for is that Cortex would be
willing to grant
such a license to the ASF as a whole. After all, all of the ASF projects
are public,
community-developed open source projects, so it seems all those projects
would
be eligible for such a free license......an asf-wide license would make
life for all those
projects a little easier since it'd reduce administration overhead.
Thoughts, anyone?

cheers,

- Leo

Re: Clover license for the ASF?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:40 am, Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> Has anyone requested an ASF-wide clover license yet, or
> discussed it with the clover people? Would that be a good
> idea to do? Does anyone have any contacts over at Cortex?

Hi Leo,

I work for Cortex. We are happy to give free licenses to individual
open-source projects upon request.

Conor

RE: Clover license for the ASF?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Leo,

Brendan Humphreys (cc-ed in this mail) should be able to help you.

-Vincent