Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed _ <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2009/11/18 21:02:59 UTC

GetComponent with path

I trying to figure out how to get the web markup container if I have it's path.

I am rendering a number of selectable objects using the grid view. Only one of them can be selected. On select the selected object in the grid  changes color. But if another one is selected the original one has to revert back.

I figured I would store the path to the WebMarkupContainer in the session and as the user changes selection I would change the colors of the component in the grid by using the path to the component.

I have the path and it shows up as

3:ChoicePanel:rows:1:cols:3:ObjectPanel:AppRemove

final WebMarkupContainer currSelectContainer = (WebMarkupContainer) this.getPage().get(currSelectObjectPath);

returns a null.

Is the path relative to something - or is the get() call not the right one to make at the page level.

thanks!

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/

RE: GetComponent with path

Posted by Ed _ <ed...@hotmail.com>.