Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rubbinio <rs...@n-able.com> on 2008/07/08 17:01:24 UTC

Re: Struts 2 Page & Ctrl+R

Tried that and it did not work at all. I got it working in a way but not the
way I want. Basically what I did was set the values in the session and then
on page refresh they are picked up ok. The problem is the data on the page
might change so I would like to have the action invoked when the user does a
page refresh.
But that does not happen.

So I got the struts 2 sources and see if the refresh makes a request to the
server, which it does and it gets in the Struts 2 filter dispatcher but it
never makes it to my action. I am guessing that is due to the fact that my
result for the previous action is a jsp.

Now the question is, is there any way to make the framework invoke my action
when the user presses CTRL+R or the browser refresh button ?

My config file looks like this:

<action name="*DashboardAction"
class="com.action.setup.dashboard.DashboardAction" method="{1}">
<interceptor-ref name="defaultStack">
    ... interceptor stack
</interceptor-ref>
<result name="input">/setup/dashboard/dashboard_config.jsp</result>
<result
name="deleteDashboard">/setup/dashboard/delete_confirm_dashboard.jsp</result>
<result name="listDashboards">/setup/dashboard/index.jsp</result>
<result name="finish" type="redirect-action">
    param name="actionName" - listDashboardAction
</result>
</action>

Re: Struts 2 Page & Ctrl+R

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Could you show source of your frame?

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Struts 2 Page & Ctrl+R

Posted by Rubbinio <rs...@n-able.com>.
What do you mean ?

I have a link the user click on in Frame 1: listDashboardAction.action

That invokes my action, does some stuff and returns "input" which in my
struts.xml is

<result name="input">/setup/dashboard/dashboard_config.jsp</result>

And that gets loaded in frame 2.

Now how can i set the frame source cause i really can not see it ? Frame 2
gets to load different pages based on what the user selects in terms of
options.

Thanks

Re: Struts 2 Page & Ctrl+R

Re: Struts 2 Page & Ctrl+R

Posted by Rubbinio <rs...@n-able.com>.
That's the thing,

the application is in a frameset and the struts 2 action is in on of the
frames. Now my action result is a JSP and not an action. When I hit refresh
in the Struts2 Filter I get the jsp name. So how can I make it have the
.action because my page is rendered as a result of an action ?

Re: Struts 2 Page & Ctrl+R