Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Arron Bates <st...@keyboardmonkey.com> on 2004/03/18 04:12:43 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts is now an Apache top level project.!

Peoples,

Word has just come back from the Apache board meeting with the results of
Struts' request to become a top level Apache project along side ANT and the
rest...

 * The Apache Jakarta Struts project requested to become a  "top level"
   project of the ASF. The Board definitely agreed with their request,
   and passed the resolution unanimously with little discussion. Craig
   McClanahan will be the Chair of the new Apache Struts PMC.

...I just wanted to extend the word so we can all pass thanks and kudos to the
other 13 committers, and yourselves the supporting community. Many people on
and off the "Who we are" page put a tremendous amount of work into Struts, and
it really shows.

It's just another one of those happy times where this comes into the spotlight.

Cheers,

Arron.