Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Yasir Shoaib <ya...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/03 22:44:13 UTC

Remote Start All and Total Threads

Hi,

1. Does the master also run load tests when "Remote Start All" is run ?

>From my understanding it is better to have Jmeter run tests only on the
slave machines and have master present just for administering test and
monitoring results.
Is it a common practice to have no tests run on the master?

2. If the number of threads are set to 50 for remote tests and if there are
two slaves then are there 100 or 50 threads executing in total?

Thanks,
Yasir

RE: Remote Start All and Total Threads

Posted by Steve Eckhart <St...@wausaufs.com>.
Yasir,

1. In general, the master will not run load tests when "Remote Start All" is run.  It might if you include the master's IP address in the configuration file; I never tried it, but as you say, it is best not to run on the master.

2. There will be 50 threads running on each slave for a total of 100 threads.

I hope this helps.

Steve Eckhart
Business Analyst/Project Manager

WAUSAU Financial Systems
14010 FNB PKWY STE500
Omaha, NE 68154-5206
Email: steve.eckhart@wausaufs.com

Enterprise Payment Solutions.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic transmission (including files attached hereto) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this confidential information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and immediately notify us by return email.  Thank you.