Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org> on 2018/02/24 23:40:24 UTC

Future Idea - Apache NetBeans ML (Machine Learning) and Kubernetes Extensions

This week I took a trip to Atlanta to attend DevNexus. It was great. I got to see old friends, meet new ones, and attend some really great talks.

A couple of those talks were on Machine learning. Carol McDonald did one using Apache Spark, Hadoop HBase, and Zeppelin. It was great.

Another interesting talk was from Oleg Selajev on Graal VM. During the Q&A we discussed some great prospects of being able to run Java, and other JVM languages, along with Python and R plus LLVM C/C++ bindings in the same VM, and how that could have great implications for machine learning considering the ecosystems for those tools.

Pulling those ideas together I couldn’t help but think of how great it would be to be able to work with all these tools along with Apache NetBeans in some way once we get to a place to start making new things happen.

There were also some great talks on Kubernetes, and being able to run these things in clusters, locally or in cloud providers, or even on a single system. Merging together some concepts I have seen from Emilian on cloud computing plus NetBeans along with the vast Apache Ecosystem make for some interesting Kuberrnetes plus Containers and ML scenarios.

This is really just me sharing the concept at the moment to Spark some some interest (pun intended).

Thanks,

Wade

=======================

Wade Chandler
e: consult@wadechandler.com
t: @wadechandler
https://www.linkedin.com/in/wade-chandler

Re: Future Idea - Apache NetBeans ML (Machine Learning) and Kubernetes Extensions

Posted by Oliver Rettig <Ol...@orat.de>.
Dear Wade,

that sound very interesting for me. Since last year I am working with Deep-learning-for-java
and also Keras. I am working on some research projects in combinations with mobile robots,
motion analysis and anomaly detection. Because most of my ui based tools are based on the
Netbeans platform I am also thinking about integrating my machine learning codes into the
Netbeans based applications.
So I am very interested in discussion with other people of our Netbeans community working
with machine learning stuff.

best regards
Oliver