Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by adambomb <du...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/04 19:24:14 UTC

Batik/Svg for web

Hi All,
I have to develop a web based app where I should be able to generate dynamic
graphical content based on the user's input. I am using JSP pages  on the
front  end. I found SVG to be the best thing available. After experimenting
in inline SVG I found out that it lacks many features like user interaction,
zoomability, javascript onclick features etc. And inline was easy to put in
a jsp page. But I want a more robust and full featured output. But I am not
able to implement the pure SVG. Could some body help me providing me all the
steps required to make things work? Also I have heard about BATIK which is
Apache's implementation of SVG, but I am not sure it can be used for web
based apps or not.
If somebody knows please enlighten me about the step by step procedure for
doing that.
thanks

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by adambomb <du...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry but it didnt help :(

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by Ruud Steltenpool <sv...@steltenpower.com>.

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't know. Volunteers are always welcome. Coordination through the
batik-dev mailing list.

On 05.06.2008 10:49:47 Jake Beard wrote:
> Is anything happening with that plug-in? It seemed like such a good
> idea, but I haven't heard any recent discussion about it...
>
> Jake
>
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
> > Though I'm not aware of any implementations of the combination (Firefox?),
> > SVG + XForms could be an interesting combination for building
> > applications. If someone builds that Batik browser plug-in we recently
> > talked about on batik-dev and an XForms integration for Batik, this
> > would become interesting. Just dreaming... ;-)
> >
> > See also:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20040226/#xforms
> > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-svgxf1.html
> >
> > On 04.06.2008 19:24:14 adambomb wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >> I have to develop a web based app where I should be able to generate dynamic
> >> graphical content based on the user's input. I am using JSP pages  on the
> >> front  end. I found SVG to be the best thing available. After experimenting
> >> in inline SVG I found out that it lacks many features like user interaction,
> >> zoomability, javascript onclick features etc. And inline was easy to put in
> >> a jsp page. But I want a more robust and full featured output. But I am not
> >> able to implement the pure SVG. Could some body help me providing me all the
> >> steps required to make things work? Also I have heard about BATIK which is
> >> Apache's implementation of SVG, but I am not sure it can be used for web
> >> based apps or not.
> >> If somebody knows please enlighten me about the step by step procedure for
> >> doing that.
> >> thanks
> >> --
> >>

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by Jake Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Though I'm not aware of any implementations of the combination (Firefox?),
SVG + XForms could be an interesting combination for building
applications. If someone builds that Batik browser plug-in we recently
talked about on batik-dev and an XForms integration for Batik, this
would become interesting. Just dreaming... ;-)

See also:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20040226/#xforms
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-svgxf1.html

On 04.06.2008 19:24:14 adambomb wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have to develop a web based app where I should be able to generate dynamic
> graphical content based on the user's input. I am using JSP pages  on the
> front  end. I found SVG to be the best thing available. After experimenting
> in inline SVG I found out that it lacks many features like user interaction,
> zoomability, javascript onclick features etc. And inline was easy to put in
> a jsp page. But I want a more robust and full featured output. But I am not
> able to implement the pure SVG. Could some body help me providing me all the
> steps required to make things work? Also I have heard about BATIK which is
> Apache's implementation of SVG, but I am not sure it can be used for web
> based apps or not.
> If somebody knows please enlighten me about the step by step procedure for
> doing that.
> thanks

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by adambomb <du...@yahoo.com>.
Now I am able to make the pure SVG(using Batik) and print it onto a stream ie
console(although it requires lot of refinement). But now I want to be able
to put it on server so that I can see it by hitting a link.

Re: Batik/Svg for web

Posted by adambomb <du...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: Batik/Svg for web