Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bocamel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/03 19:40:07 UTC

Can Camel VM be used in Karaf cross contexts in different bundles?

I am running a few bundles in Karaf, each has its own Camel context.  I tried
to use VM to communicate between them, i.e. one bundle (B1) is a producer to
a VM endpoint, and another (B2) is the consumer of the VM endpoint.  In the
Camel route in B2, the route first tests a properties value in a <choice>.
I received an error saying that the property was not defined (even though it
is defined in B2).  After I repeated its definition in B1 as well, that
error went away.  Now it complains that some of the bean injected/referenced
in the vm route is not defined (though it is defined in B2's
camel-context.xml).

So my question is, when using vm across Camel contexts, do we have to define
all the properties, beans (that are used by the consumer) on the producer
side as well?  I am running this in Karaf 4.0.2, with Camel 2.15.2.  Any
insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can Camel VM be used in Karaf cross contexts in different bundles?

Posted by Chris Odom <ch...@mediadriver.com>.
Take a look at direct-vm http://camel.apache.org/direct-vm.html

Thanks,

*Chris Odom | Sr Consultant | Media Driver*
512.799.0270 | chris.odom@mediadriver.com
810 Hester's Crossing, Suite 165, Round Rock, TX 78681