Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Gabriel Sidler <si...@teamup.ch> on 2002/01/08 20:18:40 UTC

Patch for jakarta-velocity-tools (line termination problem)

Attached is a patch that fixes the much discussed line
termination problems in jakarta-velocity-tools. Fairly
many files are impacted.

Addiditonally I have made sure that all source files
now conform to the Velocity coding conventions.

That's all for a first shot. Please let me know if you
see any issues with this patch. Otherwise, I will commit
it tommorow morning MET (about midnight EST :-) )

Gabe

--
Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland

Re: Patch for jakarta-velocity-tools (line termination problem)

Posted by Gabriel Sidler <si...@teamup.ch>.
"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> On 1/8/02 2:18 PM, "Gabriel Sidler" <si...@teamup.ch> wrote:
>
> > Attached is a patch that fixes the much discussed line
> > termination problems in jakarta-velocity-tools. Fairly
> > many files are impacted.
> >
> > Addiditonally I have made sure that all source files
> > now conform to the Velocity coding conventions.
> >
> > That's all for a first shot. Please let me know if you
> > see any issues with this patch. Otherwise, I will commit
> > it tommorow morning MET (about midnight EST :-) )
> >
> > Gabe
> >

> One note - I did some updates this morning, trying to work the build system
> into something a little different, so your build.xml patches (/struts and
> /tools level, if they were in there ) might be out of synch.

Yes, I did take those changes into consideration. About 2/3 of files were
affected.
The problem was likely that I send you with my prototype Windows-style
files and you imported those on a Unix(-like) plattform that didn't take
care of the necessary line terminator conversion. Now all should be fine.

Gabe

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 1/8/02 2:18 PM, "Gabriel Sidler" <si...@teamup.ch> wrote:

> Attached is a patch that fixes the much discussed line
> termination problems in jakarta-velocity-tools. Fairly
> many files are impacted.
>
> Addiditonally I have made sure that all source files
> now conform to the Velocity coding conventions.
>
> That's all for a first shot. Please let me know if you
> see any issues with this patch. Otherwise, I will commit
> it tommorow morning MET (about midnight EST :-) )
>
> Gabe

One note - I did some updates this morning, trying to work the build system
into something a little different, so your build.xml patches (/struts and
/tools level, if they were in there ) might be out of synch.

System and Software Consulting
"Now what do we do?"

Re: Patch for jakarta-velocity-tools (line termination problem)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 1/8/02 2:18 PM, "Gabriel Sidler" <si...@teamup.ch> wrote:

> Attached is a patch that fixes the much discussed line
> termination problems in jakarta-velocity-tools. Fairly
> many files are impacted.
>
> Addiditonally I have made sure that all source files
> now conform to the Velocity coding conventions.
>
> That's all for a first shot. Please let me know if you
> see any issues with this patch. Otherwise, I will commit
> it tommorow morning MET (about midnight EST :-) )

I started looking at this patch.   Huge! :)

What was the problem?  Did you figure it out?

System and Software Consulting