Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by masionas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/09 17:13:47 UTC

Zero accounting in the midlle of the road

Hi Guys,

The preface: We have been using ofbiz for about a year now. It had orders,
inventory etc. and hence has accounting postings etc.

I wonder if there is an easy and proved way to clean the ledger totally and
lets start it over from the next order created or inventory received? Lets
say we have found some bugs in postings before, thats why we can't rely on
accuracy of current totals in ledger. But once we fix the code and want to
start fresh accounting totals how do we do it?

Thank you for any ideas.

Re: Zero accounting in the midlle of the road

Posted by Prasanth R <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

 If you only want to clean the accounting trans data, just delete entries
in acctg_trans_entry,acctg_trans and gl_account_history.

Thanks
prasath

Posted by Iyad Khaddam <iy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Cleaning the ledger (and all of the other datasets) in the database is
easily done with 'ant clean-data'. And subsequently load the seed data with
'ant run-install-seed'. But, make sure that you have backups of your
datasets.

With regards,

Pierre Smits