Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Alfonso Fuca <al...@bull.be> on 2009/11/30 12:03:05 UTC

EIP static routing slip : properties transmition

Hi !

I can't get a property setted in a previous bean from my MessageExchange.

I use :
- EIP Static routing slip
- 2 beans

My EIP config :
<eip:static-routing-slip service="jan:gedEIPService"
    endpoint="gedEIPEndpoint">
    <eip:targets>
      <eip:exchange-target service="jan:gedBeanSecuService"
        endpoint="gedBeanSecuEndpoint" />

      <eip:exchange-target service="jan:gedBeanMetierService"
        endpoint="gedBeanMetierEndpoint" />
    </eip:targets>
  </eip:static-routing-slip>

Scenario is :
EIP > BeanSecu > EIP > BeanMetier

In BeanSecu, I set a property like this :
clientMessageExchange.getMessage("in").setProperty("myKey", myValue);
// Sent back to eip
channel.send(clientMessageExchange);

In BeanMetier, I get it like this :
String myValue = (String) exchange.getMessage("in").getProperty("myKey");

But myValue is null.

Does eip static routing slip forward the properties ?
I saw that a "copyProperties" exists for wire-trap pattern. What's the
behaviour of the static routing slip ?

Thanks.

Re: EIP static routing slip : properties transmition

Posted by hans couder <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alfonso,

On BeanSecu you set the property on the in message instead of
setting the property on the out message of BeanSecu.

The in message of BeanMetie is the out message of BeanSecu.

When you set the property on the out message in BeanSecu:
> clientMessageExchange.getMessage("out").setProperty("myKey", myValue);

this should work

Regards,

Hans