Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Colin Williams <co...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/11 18:10:30 UTC

Lookup join or enrichment join against a changelog stream in Apache Flink Table API

 <https://stackoverflow.com/posts/75087307/timeline>

I'm interested in doing a "lookup join" or "enrichment join" against a
"changelog stream" read by "upsert-kafka". I am wondering if this is
possible against the table API. I found
https://github.com/fhueske/flink-sql-demo#enrichment-join-against-temporal-table
however when I read up on
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/table/concepts/temporal_table_function/
it says that it does not work on changelog inputs.

Then it appears that I specifically can't perform the "enrichment join".

Is there a technique I am missing?

Is there a reason why we should not perform the join that I am missing?