Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by xbhanu <xb...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/27 13:16:31 UTC

How to pool AMQP connections?

Hi,

I just found out that ActiveMQ's pooled connection factory is not able to
pool AMQP connectionfactory
(org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.ConnectionFactoryImpl).

Can support for this be added to ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory ?

What do you guys suggest to use instead in the meanwhile?

Spring's CachingConnectionFactory ??

Thanks,
Bhanu

Re: How to pool AMQP connections?

Posted by xbhanu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Ohh brilliant ! I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks for the help as always Gary :)

Cheers,

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the generic jms-pool in 5.9 should work.
see: https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/trunk/activemq-jms-pool/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/jms/pool/PooledConnectionFactory.java

it is the ActiveMQ pool without any activemq dependency, so it can
work with any jms connection factory.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com