Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2006/02/26 20:36:34 UTC

[VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

a long while ago, sandy generously offered to donate his composite pool
extensions to commons pool to us. javadocs can be found here:
http://sandy.mcarthur.org/pool/. this needs approval from jakarta.

i'd like to propose that we accept this donation.

here's my +1

- robert

---8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] +1 Yes
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1 No

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org>.
+1

Unless it's considered tacky to vote for your own contribution.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 2/27/06, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> a long while ago, sandy generously offered to donate his composite pool
> extensions to commons pool to us. javadocs can be found here:
> http://sandy.mcarthur.org/pool/. this needs approval from jakarta.
>
> i'd like to propose that we accept this donation.
>
> here's my +1
>
> - robert
>
> ---8<-------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ ] +1 Yes
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1 No

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is
afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
(only votes from jakarta pmc'ers are binding in this case)

i count as follows:

binding +1's
    robert burrell donkin
    Dion Gillard
    Noel J. Bergman

non-binding +1's
    Sandy McArthur
    Brian K. Wallace

if i've missed any votes please post a correction

a bare quorum (3 binding +1's) in favour of acceptance. i'll prepare and
submit the necessary paperwork to the incubator to progress this
donation.

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 21:52 -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Sandy McArthur wrote:

> > > Provided that you do all of the necessaries vis-a-vis IP Clearance, +1.
>
> > Took a while to make sure but I'm confident it's clear.
>
> Still needs to be filed.  See http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance

yep

a vote from the project pmc is one of the ticks - which is why i've
started this vote :)

it seemed easier to open a JIRA with the completed form rather than
create several patches.

> > Also, isn't this vote a little redundant?
>
> Ask Robert.  :-)

ask noel :)

it's part of the current paperwork but does seem a little pointless.

IMHO should be sufficient to copy the project pmc when the approval note
is posted to general at the incubator. any project committer who has a
problem with the code can always -1 the commit (as per usual).

(pedantry is one of my few real talents and it seems a shame to let it
go to waste ;)

- robert

RE: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Sandy McArthur wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> > > i'd like to propose that we accept this donation.
> > Provided that you do all of the necessaries vis-a-vis IP Clearance, +1.

> Took a while to make sure but I'm confident it's clear.

Still needs to be filed.  See http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance

> Also, isn't this vote a little redundant?

Ask Robert.  :-)

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by Sandy McArthur <sa...@gmail.com>.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200602.mbox/%3c1139525531.5164.25.camel@knossos.elmet%3e

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine

RE: [VOTE] Accept donation of composite pool code

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.