Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2001/03/31 11:25:44 UTC

Re: Tagging CVS for tdk-1.1a12

Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 3/28/01 3:42 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I can probably do that tomorrow night, I'll
>> just replace what's there.
>

> Please No! It must be a new version.
>
> I don't care if we get to 1.1a1000.

Yes +1024 here.

I remember fighting with a problem for days (I don't remember if it was
JBuilder or a Windows DLL) only to find that this component had exactly
the same name, the same internal version info (including i18n), but I
had two versions, in two different machines, with different size, one
working and one not.

They had updated something without tagging it properly. This is a real
mess for maintenance.

BTW, I will try to update Jetspeed before leaving for the New World :)
Also, I'm thinking about having a Jetspeed 1.3a2, so that we have less
but reports from new users downloading 1.3a1.