Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bhagwat, Vinit (Vinit)" <vb...@avaya.com> on 2007/07/09 15:12:32 UTC

WARN: Invalid tag found: unexpected input while looking for attr name or '/>' in ReducedHTMLParser.java

Hi,

I am using Tomahawk tree component in our application for navigation
page. While expanding or collapsing the tree I am getting following
error:

WARN: Invalid tag found: unexpected input while looking for attr name or
'/>' in ReducedHTMLParser.java

After debugging I found that as we are including.jsp files inside other
.jsp file the response has <html> tag starting inside <body> tag because
of embedded <html> tags the parsing throws exception.

I am getting exception from parse() method of ReducedHTMLParser.java. So
is there any workaround for this?
I know embedded html tag is not standard way, but I can't change this as
it requires lot of code refactor, which is not possible at this point of
time.

Thanks and regards,

Vinit

Re: WARN: Invalid tag found: unexpected input while looking for attr name or '/>' in ReducedHTMLParser.java

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
This is not only not standard to put a <html> inside a body, it heavily
breaks the specifications. Your css might not get interpreted correctly
by browser, your DOM exposed to javascript could be strange (resulting
in scripts inside some tomahawk components to fail) and components
library that rely on interpreting response, like tomahawk or ajax4JSF,
will simply fail because the filter will be unable to convert response
to xhtml. If the rework of your page to be compliant is not possible /
too much work and you can afford random breakage in browsers, the
easiest workaround for this warning is to not use the tomahawk library,
that need to partially parse response to add specific entries
(css/javascript) in the <head> of document.

See
http://myfaces.apache.org/commons/apidocs/org/apache/myfaces/renderkit/html/util/ReducedHTMLParser.html
for details on the reason of this class.

En l'instant précis du 09/07/07 15:12, Bhagwat, Vinit (Vinit)
s'exprimait en ces termes: