Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashok Archunan <as...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/07 09:45:03 UTC

Scripting in lucene

Dear team,
I have query related to scripting in lucene. Consider a scenario where I
need to create a new field(Full_Name) by means of merging two existing
field (First_name + Last_name = Full_Name) and also appending new value in
a existing field. These things can be achieved via Scripting language using
Elastic search (Update API). But the real case is, can we do the same in
lucene using any external scripting package or can we achieve these using
Expression class in lucene?. Please let me know once you received the mail.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok Archunan.

Re: Scripting in lucene

Posted by Ashok Archunan <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrien,

Using the Groovy script, we modified the existing data in the document from
the application server itself for our case, but we still work on one
particular case as I discussed before in which we need to retrieve
documents based on two indexed fields having same value. For instance,
consider the documents contain two fields "place" and "city" and the search
query is like retrieving documents if the fields ("place" and "city") have
same values. Is there any way for this case in lucene 4.10.4 ( as we are
using this version currently) ?

Re: Scripting in lucene

Posted by Ashok Archunan <as...@gmail.com>.

Re: Scripting in lucene