Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/04/15 11:59:37 UTC

[1.x] Where is source for JEE test/sample ears, jars and wars?

Looking at, for example, itest/contribution-jee/src/test/resources you
see files such as simple-app.ear. Anyone know where the source for
these applications is?

Simon

Re: [1.x] Where is source for JEE test/sample ears, jars and wars?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2009, at 5:59 AM, Simon Laws wrote:
>
>> Looking at, for example, itest/contribution-jee/src/test/resources you
>> see files such as simple-app.ear. Anyone know where the source for
>> these applications is?
>
> Heh. Good question. I think you can assume that the source comes from here
> -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/tuscany/trunk/samples
> Not a very good way of managing these artifacts...
>
> --kevan

I've started a contribution-jee-samples module to hold the source for
ears, wars etc used during contribution testing [1]. Doesn't negate
the need to have the Geronimo ones for runtime testing but I feel the
need to have this source in Tuscany for contribution testing. I
anticipate a number of different sames for testing different archive
and contribution configurations [2] similar to what is already in the
Geronimo/Tuscany samples dir but with maybe a little more fidelity. In
particular I think we need to be able to combine these into
interesting scenarios where, for example, an EAR is built from one set
of sample source and then wrapped in a JAR contribution by another
sample module. The "war-appcomp-contrib-implicit" that is there now is
the 6th scenario from [2] where

      WAR               - It's a WAR
         Appcomp      - It has an application composite
         Contrib          - It's a contribution in it's own right
         Implicit          - Composite deployment is implicit

Simon

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x/itest/contribution-jee-samples/
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Java+EE+Integration

Re: [1.x] Where is source for JEE test/sample ears, jars and wars?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.