Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shreck <cm...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 08:58:17 UTC

if we can do that Inverted index and forward information stored on different disks by solr?

Re: if we can do that Inverted index and forward information stored on different disks by solr?

Posted by shreck <cm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks !
In fact, if the data reaches the PB level, or higher. It is not realistic to
increase the memory.

Re: if we can do that Inverted index and forward information stored on different disks by solr?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/31/2018 3:19 AM, shreck wrote:
> thanks  , Elasticsearch  also  dosen't support  the feature?
> in some situation,i think we can improve search  performance through this
> way.

I cannot see how it would improve performance.

The best way to improve search performance is to add memory to the
system so the operating system doesn't need to read the index data off
the disk at all -- in that situation, the data will come from memory,
which is like lightning compared to molasses.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: if we can do that Inverted index and forward information stored on different disks by solr?

Posted by shreck <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Nope. You can try to hack DirectoryFactory to make it layout files based on
extension.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 11:58 AM shreck <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev