Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Magnus Dürr <Ma...@solid.se> on 2006/04/18 10:27:38 UTC

File download error in IE with mod_jk

Hi!

I have a problem downloading files threw my webapp using Internet
Explorer.

The application has a resources directory where i have som large files.
When I mount the directory in mod_jk to ensure only users logged in in
tomcat can access it (add the line "JkMount /mywebapp/resources/* ajp13"
in apache httpd.conf) file download stops working in IE, but it works fine
from FireFox, i.e. accessing the URL https://www.myserver.com/mywebapp/resources/file.zip generates an error message. The file dialog opens but nothing happens and
after some sort of timeout an error dialog shows with the following text:
Internet Explorer cannot download file.zip from www.myserver.com, An
unexpected error has occurred.

The application uses https.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Software versions:
Apache httpd 2.0
Tomcat 5.5.12
mod_jk 1.2.6

Thanks
Magnus Dürr

Re: File download error in IE with mod_jk

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
IIRC, its an IE setting.

It has to do with tomcat probably sending a no-cache (like) header while in
HTTPS.

HTTPS + nocache + IE == weird issues. I can't recall the resolution. But
google searching: https Internet explorer download will probably get you int
he right directions.

There are also some bugzilla and tomcat-user threads about this. The
tomcat-user threads might be hard to find since the topic is pretty old.

Good luck.

-Tim