Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Mauro Gonzalez <ma...@globant.com> on 2008/07/17 21:34:51 UTC

Nerwork Distance

hello.
I was figuring out how to implement the networkDistance query parameter
in shindig (php) and this question came up:  Should it be implmented at
PeopleHandler level, or on the service level, and just pass the distance
parameter to the service?

thanks
mauro.

Re: Nerwork Distance

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
I don't think it's in the javascript yet, but it should be :-)

http://www.opensocial.org/Technical-Resources/opensocial-spec-v08 :
"Relationships":

When an application wants to interact with or display data for
"friends of friends", the OpenSocial specification supports extending
a query for VIEWER_FRIENDS or OWNER_FRIENDS by a NETWORK_DISTANCE
parameter. Containers can optionally support "friends of friends"
queries, "friends of friends of friends" queries, and so on.

Re: Nerwork Distance

Posted by John Panzer <jp...@google.com>.
networkDistance={networkDistance}  -- Modifies group-relative requests
(@friends, etc.) to include the transitive closure of all friends up
to {networkDistance} links away.  May not be honored by the container.

-- http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.8/restfulspec.html

John Panzer (http://abstractioneer.org)

Re: Nerwork Distance

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.