Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2014/10/28 16:28:10 UTC

Jenkins build became unstable: sling-trunk-1.8 » Apache Sling Event Support #380

See <https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.8/org.apache.sling$org.apache.sling.event/380/>

Jenkins build is back to stable : sling-trunk-1.8 » Apache Sling Event Support #382

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
See <https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.8/org.apache.sling$org.apache.sling.event/382/>

Re: Jenkins build is still unstable: sling-trunk-1.8 » Apache Sling Event Support #381

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Tuesday 28 October 2014 20:57:40 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Am 28.10.14 um 17:22 schrieb Apache Jenkins Server:
> > See
> > <https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.8/org.apache.sling$org.apac
> > he.sling.event/381/>
>
> This is a sporadic problem with Java 8 - it seems when a new Pax Exam
> test starts, the old one isn't finished yet as the port is still in use
> and the repository is locked.
>
> Does anyone have a good idea how to workaround this problem or let pax
> wait until really all threads are finished?

Something like KarafTestSupport#findFreePort() should help.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/launchpad/karaf/org.apache.sling.launchpad.karaf-
integration-
tests/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/launchpad/karaf/testing/KarafTestSupport.java

I've limited network access and time right now but can look at it next week
when back at the office.

O.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 29.10.14 um 12:25 schrieb Stefan Seifert:
> i tried to run the integration tests for the event part on my (windows) machines, sometimes the pass, sometimes they fail, not always with the same result. but never because of a port mismatch.
>
> today I started a new try:
>
> * windows 7 + JDK 1.7: tests passed (but a showing frightening lot of exceptions like " javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item does not exist anymore: 897fc158-e48e-480c-b5af-cc8d761d959a")

Yes, that's expected - unfortunately. The code is iterating over a tree
while some nodes are removed concurrently. WHich results in these noisy
messages - but the do no harm.

> * windows 7 + JKD 1.8:
>
> ---
> Failed tests:
>   ChaosTest.testDoChaos:397 Checking topic sling/chaos/ordered/0 expected:<3387> but was:<3386>

This is actually a problem with the slowness of the observation
handler.Before the observation handler can deliver the event about a
resource, the resource is already processed by the job handling.  I'll
remove this check from the code as it's not testing anything new.

> ---
>
> * windows 7 + JKD 1.8 (repeated run without other changes - seems to hang up somewhere and than run into timeouts):
>
> ---
> Failed tests:
>   ClassloadingTest.testFailedClassloading:204 RetryLoop failed, condition is false after 5 seconds: Waiting for job failure to be recorded. Conditions faildJobsCount=0, finishedEvents=0, findJobs= 1, queuedJobs=0, active
> Jobs=0
>   ClassloadingTest.testSimpleClassloading:131 RetryLoop failed, condition is false after 5 seconds: Waiting for finishedEvents to have at least one element
>   DeprecatedJobsTest.testSimpleJobExecutionUsingBridge:120 No event received in the given time.
>   DeprecatedJobsTest.testSimpleJobWithIdExecution:147 No event received in the given time.
>   JobHandlingTest.testSimpleJobExecutionUsingJobExecutor:139 No event received in the given time.
>   JobHandlingTest.testStartJobAndReschedule:304 No event received in the given time.
>   JobHandlingTest.testSimpleJobExecutionUsingJobConsumer:111 No event received in the given time.
>   OrderedQueueTest.testOrderedQueue:147 No event received in the given time.
>   RoundRobinQueueTest.testRoundRobinQueue:132 No event received in the given time.
>
> Tests in error:
>   ChaosTest.testDoChaos:393->AbstractJobHandlingTest.sleep:175 »  test timed out...
>   DeprecatedJobsTest.testForceCancelJob:175 »  test timed out after 300000 milli...
>   HistoryTest.testHistory:117 »  test timed out after 300000 milliseconds
>   JobHandlingTest.testNoJobProcessor:472 »  test timed out after 300000 millisec...
>   JobHandlingTest.testNotifications:422  Timeout during notification test.
>   JobHandlingTest.testManyJobs:180 »  test timed out after 300000 milliseconds
>   JobHandlingTest.testCancelJob:214 »  test timed out after 300000 milliseconds
>   JobHandlingTest.testGetJob:262 »  test timed out after 300000 milliseconds
>   TimedJobsTest.testTimedJob:84->AbstractJobHandlingTest.sleep:175 »  test timed...

> ---
>
> with all this pax-exam stuff i do not know in detail it's difficult to tell where it makes sense debugging or further analyzing.
> last week i had problems running the tests with JDK 1.7 as well, so i assume it's not a JDK 1.8 related issue.

I think the last one is rather a general problem with pax in that situation.

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 29.10.14 um 13:32 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...This is a sporadic problem with Java 8 - it seems when a new Pax Exam
>> test starts, the old one isn't finished yet as the port is still in use
>> and the repository is locked....
>
> I have disabled the org.apache.felix.http.jetty bundle in
> http://svn.apache.org/r1635115 and the tests still pass, that should
> avoid the port conflicts.

Yes and no - the port by itself was not a problem, more that the

But disabling this doesn't hurt.

Carsten

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,