Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by frame <xs...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/18 17:46:11 UTC

How to find out Subclise version?

Hi,

I have tried many places in Eclipse(version Indigo) and I still cannot find
out which version of my Subclipse is.

I am working on Linux. We also have a subversion client(version 1.6.5) on
the terminal. Both works, but most of time I use subversion on the command
line.

On the checked out local copies, on Linux, I am wondering how the Eclipse
plugin Subclipse and the linux client subversion interact each other. If
the versions of the two do not match, will that cause a problem? Thank you.

Re: How to find out Subclise version?

Posted by Lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Thorsten Schöning wrote:
>Guten Tag frame,
>> I have tried many places in Eclipse(version Indigo) and I still cannot find
>> out which version of my Subclipse is.
>
>Help\Install New Software\What is already installed? in the middle on
>the right side of the window.
>[...]

 be aware that the subclipse version matching svn 1.7 is 1.8
--

Lorenz

Re: How to find out Subclise version?

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag frame,
am Montag, 18. Juni 2012 um 17:46 schrieben Sie:

> I have tried many places in Eclipse(version Indigo) and I still cannot find
> out which version of my Subclipse is.

Help\Install New Software\What is already installed? in the middle on
the right side of the window.

> On the checked out local copies, on Linux, I am wondering how the Eclipse
> plugin Subclipse and the linux client subversion interact each other. If
> the versions of the two do not match, will that cause a problem? Thank you.

Unless you work in the Eclipse project folders in a terminal they
won't be any interaction. If you do it is recommended that all clients
are the same version, but most of the time clients just differing in
minor versions will work. 1.6.x and 1.7.x won't work on the same
working copy as 1.7.x forces one to upgrade and 1.6.x will error on
more current working copies, resulting in no chance to harm the
working copy with different clients.

If you mix 1.7.1 and 1.74 for example and 1.7.1 has a fixed Bug which
could corrupt your working copy, that's of course a risk you take. But
normally those kinds of version mix will work, I use them, too,
depending on update cycles of TortoiseSVN and Subclipse.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de

Telefon.............030-2 1001-310
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AG Hanover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow