Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sergey Livanov <se...@ukrpost.net> on 2003/05/10 20:11:26 UTC

i18n, URGENT !

I could not enter data in cyrillic from FORM .
The string looks like ???? In action class .

1. I have read BRAIN TWISTER articles regarding the same problem .
There some notes related to the above mentioned articles
    - Browser accept windows-1251 encoding .
    - I've put windows-1251 encoding in JSP.
    - I've put windows-1251 encoding in FORM.
    - Also I've included request.setCharacterEncoding("windows-1251")
      in ActionClass code .

PS: I'm using W2K, Tomcat 4.1.24, Java2SDK SE v 1.4.1_02
I will really appreciate your answer, as I have to finish my project in two
days .

Sergey .

--
Укрпост - продвинутая почта. http://www.ukrpost.net/
IMAP POP3 NNTP RSSNews Unicode.

RE: i18n, URGENT !

Posted by Erez Efrati <er...@netmedia.net.il>.
Do you mean that when you enter text data in the form and click submit
you get the ???? instead of what you typed? If so you should put the
following in some base form class of yours - it should do the trick:

		try {

			// setting the character encoding here is very
important
			// to overcome the problem regarding to the
Tomcat server.
			request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
		}
		catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {
		}

Hope it helps,

-- Erez

RE: i18n, URGENT !

Posted by Erez Efrati <er...@netmedia.net.il>.
 Sergey, I had a small mistake there intead of UTF-8 put Windows-1251

-- Erez