Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Don S <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/31 03:49:12 UTC

Ontology Literal property changing

HI,

  I developed a small ontology using protege. Initially I inserted two
tuples from the Protege editor. After that I used Jena API  for inserting
the tuple based on SPARQL1.1  INSERT DATA command.

The  XML code generated by the Protege  for a single tuple was

<Person rdf:about="http://localhost:3030/per1.owl#Person_6">
    <hasFirstname rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Samuel</hasFirstname>
  </Person>

where as the XML code generated for the new tuple inserted using Jena
starts with "rdf:Description"

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://localhost:3030/per1.owl#name">
    <hasFirstname rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Robin</hasFirstname>
  </rdf:Description>

Instead of "Person rdf" it wrote like "rdf:Description" Because of this I
cannot see the data  when I open it in protege editor. The individuals
hierarchy come like this
owl:Thing
    Person(3)
    protege:External Resource(1) -> here when I open the tuple shows
"<HTML><BODY><H3>Cannot Find This Webpage</H3></HTML>"

Can any one give solution for this.Why the Jena generate the code with *
rdf:Description.*  I want to insert the tuples inside the *Person class* ie
Person rdf.
I can query and get all the result including the inserted data using jena
API program.

Sample query code is below.

String queryString ="PREFIX xmlns: <http://localhost:3030/per1.owl#>\r\n" +
                            "PREFIX base: <http://localhost:3030/per1.owl
>\r"+
            "PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>\r"+
                          "INSERT DATA" +
            "{"+
                         "<http://localhost:3030/per1.owl#name>\n" +
                          "xmlns:hasFirstname \"Robin\" ^^ xsd:string;" +
                    "}";

writing file command
*model.write(fileour,"RDF/XML-ABBREV");*

Regards
Don