Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SRamasamy <su...@techie.com> on 2009/11/13 22:22:06 UTC

tomcat need for AJP and SSL port to run local application

Hi,

I have few questions regarding tomcat our web application running on tomcat
version 6,
I go through tomcat server.xml file its shows the following ports
1.

2.

3.

My application not communicates with other service like web service and
other application. Our application running on local machine only
I have removed AJP and SSL port even if remove redirect port also
application working and looks good.
Please let me know if I remove connector port AJP and SSL port it will come
any other problem handing request.

RE: tomcat need for AJP and SSL port to run local application

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: SRamasamy [mailto:sujay@techie.com]
> Subject: RE: tomcat need for AJP and SSL port to run local application
>

> 1. Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"

The shutdown port must not be removed.

> 2. Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="8443"

Some HTTP port is necessary; you may change the port number to whatever you prefer, within the limits of your OS and environment.  The redirectPort attribute may be removed if there is no HTTPS traffic, although it will default to the value 443 if it is removed.  As long as there is no <Connector> for the redirectPort, it doesn't matter what the value is.

> 3.   Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"

The AJP port may be removed if there is no front-end to Tomcat using the AJP protocol.

 - Chuck

RE: tomcat need for AJP and SSL port to run local application

Posted by SRamasamy <su...@techie.com>.
Charles,

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 13/11/2009 21:28, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: SRamasamy [mailto:sujay@techie.com]
>> Subject: tomcat need for AJP and SSL port to run local application
>>
>> I go through tomcat server.xml file its shows the following ports
>> 1.
>>
>> 2.
>>
>> 3.
>
> Is this a fill-in-the blank question?