Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dong, Roland" <Ro...@parade.com> on 2006/05/03 18:12:56 UTC

Allow web access to /WEB-INF?

Is there a way to have web access to /WEB-INF? I want to have this
capability to access a directory under /WEB-INF by URL. Is there a way
to configure that?

I understand the secruity concern on this, but it is an internal
application and we want to use WebDav to access that directory.

Thanks

Richard

Re: Allow web access to /WEB-INF?

Posted by Andrew Miehs <an...@2sheds.de>.
Do you have an Apache up front as a reverse proxy?

If so, you could make a separate mapping there...

Andrew

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Options I've seen suggested to this:

1) Write a servlet that passes through the content of resources.
2) Internal redirect via a servlet or filter.

Either should work.  All that's really forbidden is direct client access
to the contents of WEB-INF.

--David

Posted by Marc Farrow <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think the Servlet Specs do not allow this, so I doubt any Servlet
container will allow this via HTTP.  You can do it via File/Stream I/O
however.

On 5/3/06, Dong, Roland <Ro...@parade.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to have web access to /WEB-INF? I want to have this
> capability to access a directory under /WEB-INF by URL. Is there a way
> to configure that?
>
> I understand the secruity concern on this, but it is an internal
> application and we want to use WebDav to access that directory.
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

Marc Farrow

Re: Allow web access to /WEB-INF?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
why don't you just workaround it and move the files you need accessed
outside the WEB-INF directory,