Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jochen Schwörer <j....@web.de> on 2004/11/10 09:17:08 UTC

use full url in http request

Hi,

in the process of debugging why our axis client could not connect to the
server through a web proxy, I found that the problem was an incomplete
URL after the HTTP POST command.

After looking around in the code for a while, I found the problem in the
"org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender" class. The method
"invoke(MessageContext)" declares a variable "useFullURL" which is set
to "false", which makes the method "writeToSocket" append only the file
part of thy url.

After changing the variable to "true" and recompiling the code,
everything worked fine.

Is it possible to change the variable to "true" without recompiling the
code?
And if it is not possible right now, is this enhancement planned?

regards,
Jochen Schwoerer