Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alvaro Navarro <an...@gsyc.escet.urjc.es> on 2005/11/18 15:54:23 UTC

SVN log information

Hi

If there any way to get svn log information similar to cvs?

date: 2005/04/08 17:37:48;  author: john;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -4

I miss added/removed lines in svn log.

Thank you.
--A.

Re: SVN log information

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 11/18/05, Alvaro Navarro <an...@gsyc.escet.urjc.es> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If there any way to get svn log information similar to cvs?
>
> date: 2005/04/08 17:37:48;  author: john;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -4
>
> I miss added/removed lines in svn log.

CVS has that information readily available, as it stores its
information in a formal which allows fast calculations of these
numbers.

Subversion uses binary deltas meaning that it doesn't readily have the
data to calculate these numbers. Calculating them would mean
signifcant cpu usage, which is why we decided not to provide them.

bye,

Erik.