Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "b.bhavesh" <b....@gmail.com> on 2015/08/24 21:37:07 UTC

History server is not receiving any event

Hi,

I am working on streaming application.
I tried to configure history server to persist the events of application in
hadoop file system (hdfs). However, it is not logging any events.
I am running Apache Spark 1.4.1 (pyspark) under Ubuntu 14.04 with three
nodes.
Here is my configuration:
File - /usr/local/spark/conf/spark-defaults.conf    #In all three nodes
spark.eventLog.enabled true
spark.eventLog.dir hdfs://master-host:port/usr/local/hadoop/spark_log

#in master node
export
SPARK_HISTORY_OPTS="-Dspark.history.fs.logDirectory=hdfs://host:port/usr/local/hadoop/spark_log"

Can someone give list of steps to configure history server.

Thanks and regards,
b.bhavesh

Re: History server is not receiving any event

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Are you starting your history server?

./sbin/start-history-server.sh

You can read more here