Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/25 18:50:56 UTC

eagerTtl

Hi

I was going through JAVADoc and came across CacheConfiguration property
eagerTtl. Came across one of the post which says eagerTtl=true spans a
thread per cache.

We are not using ExpiryPolicy on any of the caches, we have almost 100
different cache. To keep memory and thread footprint down, do we need to
explicitly set eagerTtl=false or with default ExpiryPolicy it is set to
false?

-Sam

Re: eagerTtl

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Val, could put a note regarding this behavior (thread per cache) to both JavaDoc and here?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies

—
Denis

Re: eagerTtl

Posted by "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Looks like false alarm. I see a single thread for ttl-cleanup-worker
per node.

-Sam

Re: eagerTtl

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.

Re: eagerTtl

Posted by "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val,

JavaDoc does not talk about threads per cache or node. To get more info on
this property, came across below post, I see similar memory and thread
pattern with my application but not yet investigated specifically for
eagerTtl or its related threads.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-Cache-High-Memory-Overhead-caused-by-GridCircularBuffer-Item-instances-td3682.html#a3691

Can you please point to thread name related to egarTtl which I can take a
look at in thread dump?

Secondly, If none of the cache is configured for expiry, will this thread be
present and running? If it s a single thread per node then I am not worried.

Thank,
-Sam

Re: eagerTtl

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,

According to code, there is actually a thread per node not per cache. Do you
observe different behavior?

Also I didn't find anything about "thread per cache" in JavaDoc. Can you
please show where you read this?

-Val