Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2009/06/01 21:02:26 UTC

Re: [ANN] hbase-0.19.3 available for download

Are things working any better for you llpind?
St.Ack

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
So it is firewalled or you are using NAT somehow? Yes, you must allow communications between the gigabit network and your clients on the master port and also all of the regionserver ports. This is port 60000 on the master and port 60020 on the region server nodes, unless the default config settings have been changed to some other ports.

   - Andy

________________________________
Posted by llpind <so...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Should we make the first entry on the Troubleshooting page a question about if HDFS is deployed on a gigabit network or not?

________________________________
Hey Stack.  Have not gotten to the data load yet.  I added 5 more boxes, and
was having problems with firewalls.  Most of those issues are now resolved.
I've also moved the cluster to a giga ethernet network.  Will see how things
go now.  I'll post my progress for everyone else.
Thanks for all the help thus far.  :)

Posted by llpind <so...@hotmail.com>.
Just having trouble connecting to the giga network from my client upload
program (port 60000).  I can run the program from one of the linux boxes.

Posted by llpind <so...@hotmail.com>.
Hey Stack.  Have not gotten to the data load yet.  I added 5 more boxes, and
was having problems with firewalls.  Most of those issues are not resolved.
I've also moved the cluster to a gig ethernet network.  Will see how things
go now.  I'll keep post my progress for everyone else.