Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by vinayak katkar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/29 17:29:15 UTC

ssh problem

Hey
When I tried to install hadoop in ubuntu 8.04 I got an error ssh connection
refused to localhost at port 22.
Please any one can tell me the solution.
Thanks

--
Vinayak Katkar
Sun Campus Ambassador

Re: ssh problem

Posted by vinayak katkar <vi...@gmail.com>.
hey thanks for reply
I have installed it already.

--
Vinayak Katkar
Sun Campus Ambassador

Re: ssh problem

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: ssh problem

Posted by Peeyush Bishnoi <pe...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hello Vinayak ,

Have you done the passwordless ssh connection before installation of
hadoop.

If not please do . Hope this tutorial will help you :
http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Single-Node_Cluster)#Configuring_SSH

After you configure the passwordless ssh , Do

$ssh <hostname/fqdn>

the above command should go without asking password.

Hope this help you

Thanks ,

---
Peeyush