Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/12/18 05:18:07 UTC

copy task not copying

I've been trying to determine why my build script that uses the <copy>
task isn't copying and I'm very stumped. I've explored all the obvious
(user permissions, parameters and locations of files/directories). I've
increased verbosity in executing the script. Oddly there are not even
any logging messages suggesting the copy task was even run.

Any help or information anyone could provide would be highly appreciated.

snip from build.xml

<copy todir="${deploy.home}">
    <fileset dir="${src.home}">
       <exclude name="**/Custom/**"/>
       <exclude name="**/Statistics/**"/>
       <include name="**/Statistics/index.jsp"/>
       <exclude name="**/*.class"/>
    </fileset>
</copy>

<!--snip from verbose log-->
bash-2.05a# ant -v
Apache Ant version 1.5.4 compiled on August 13 2003
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.3 in: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.3.1-sun-1.3.1.09/jre
Detected OS: Linux
parsing buildfile build.xml with URI =
file:/home/mdiggory/VDC/src/UIS/VDC/WEB-INF/build.xml
Project base dir set to: /home/mdiggory/VDC/src/UIS/VDC/WEB-INF
Build sequence for target `compile' is [init, backup-app, prepare,
build_properties, build_support, compile]
Complete build sequence is [init, backup-app, prepare, build_properties,
build_support, compile, generate-ddi, compile-jsp, deploy, clean, rmlf]

<!--snip from where the copy task should be generating logging-->
prepare:
    [delete] Deleting 206 files from /usr/local/VDC/UIS/VDC
<!--...-->
    [delete] Deleting
/usr/local/VDC/UIS/VDC/WEB-INF/classes/edu/harvard/hmdc/util/Util.class
    [delete] Deleting
/usr/local/VDC/UIS/VDC/WEB-INF/classes/edu/harvard/hmdc/VDCStatusException.class

<!-- copy task should at least log here! But nothing comes out.-->

build_properties:
Skipped because property 'name' not set.

thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Diggory